Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Fall break

In Flanders, there is a fall break for one week. That being said, no classes for this week and a lot of travels have happened so far. I've met with an old friend of mine and went to travel four cities: Oostende, Kortrijk, Lille and Brussels.

Oostende is located near the seashore. On weekends, trains to Oostende from Bruges cost only five euros for both trips. Nothing better than being on the beach, enjoying the sun and only thirty-five minutes away.

Kortrijk is near the border with France. From Kortrijk, we can take a thirty-minute train to Lille, that costs about six euros. I've seen some places, but the most amazing thing that I've seen was the contemporary art exhibition "tu dois changer ta vie!" (You must change your life!) that explored the idea of Renaissance - from brain (binaural beats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats ) ) to daily life (random situations in someone's life; different people playing music in different locations) to the unknown/unexplainable (myth-based animals, fake mirrors). Four euros for this exhibition for under 26. (I really recommend this exhibition. I spent an amazing amount of two hours there.)

"Some books act as electroshock:
they turn our lives upside down,
helping us define who we are as a person.
There are books that have the power to change our lives!"


Well, I'm spending too much time now in this post. I'm just going back to my assignments due next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment